Notice of Vacancy
Middlesboro Board of Education
Vacancy was created by board member resignation.
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190(2), this appointment is effective until The November, 2018 regular election term.
Anyone interested in filling seat should file for the unexpired term in the November 2018 general election prior to 4:00 p.m. on August 14th at the Bell County Court Clerk Office.
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by the Middlesboro Independent Public Schools.
Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old;
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- A registered voter in the district and voter precinct(s) of the vacancy. Middlesboro Independent Schools District;
- Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate;
- Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws;
- Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools;
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district;
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports;
- Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.