The Middlesboro School’s Friends and Alumni Association was formed in 2012 for those persons who have been associated with and care for the Middlesboro Schools. Our mission is to foster active, lifelong fellowship among the friends and alumni through mutual service to and support of the Middlesboro Schools.
As a friend or alumnus, you can help the Middlesboro School’s Friends and Alumni Association (FAA) with this mission in these important ways:
- Be an ambassador/advocate for the Middlesboro Independent Schools by speaking highly of and supporting the district’s educational mission.
- Attend school events; i.e., plays, concerts, displays, dinners, and sporting events.
- Volunteer your time and expertise with the FAA or directly with one of the schools.
- Make a gift to support an on-going school project identified by the newly formed Middlesboro Independent Education Foundation, Inc. (MIEF).
- Share your ideas for educational improvement with school administrators or the MIEF.
- Support the FAA financially by joining as a paid member or by making a contribution to a MIEF school project. As a member of FAA you must register on the site to access our Members-Only content. We hope you will consider supporting the FAA through a paid membership. Membership levels are as follows: Annual Membership - $10/year – Annual Membership in the FAA expires one year from the date of payment and entitles the individual to all member benefits during the term. Lifetime Membership - $250 one-time payment – Lifetime Membership in the FAA never expires and entitles the individual to all current and future member benefits.
- Contact the FAA and share news related to your high school class and/or your personal successes.
Membership fees are used to cover the FAA’s administrative costs and expenses. Gifts will be used for on-going district educational projects monitored by the MIEF. The current MIEF project is “Project Lead the Way, Gateway to Technology” to be offered at the Middlesboro Middle School in the Fall of 2012. This is a math and science based curriculum designed to challenge all middle school students. Soon the MIEF will identify additional district educational projects. Potential future projects being considered are college scholarships and facilities improvements.
We are always looking for individuals who are willing to volunteer their time to make the Friends and Alumni Association a success. If you would like to volunteer to help the FAA in some way, please contact the Middlesboro School Board office at (606) 242-8800.