Open vision bar

School Lunch Programs



August 1, 2019 

Dear Parents/Guardians of the Middlesboro Independent Students: 


Our district and schools are participating in several federal programs of which I would like to make you aware. Each program greatly can and does benefit your child on a daily basis. Across the district, we offer free breakfast and lunch to each and every student without discrimination. The program that makes this possible is the Community Eligibility Program (CEP). The School Breakfast Program (SBP) and the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) provides assistance for our students to receive these breakfasts and lunches respectively. As part of the NSLP, an after school snack can be provided as well. Last year, we started a new program known as CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program). This new program allows students to be fed before they come home from school. CACFP has allowed many of our students to eat before tutoring or other organized events. Lastly, at Middlesboro Elementary School (because only elementary schools qualify), we have the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP), which provides fresh produce to students at least 2 days a week. If you would like more information about food service or you have questions about any of our programs, please do not hesitate to contact me. Our goal is to provide quality meals to as many students as possible! Data has proven that when students are not hungry, their performance increases. 




Sandy Ramsey 
SFS Director 



**In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.


Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3)  email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Back to School News      Print News Article